The End of the Beginning
Posted by Ashley Hoover

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” - Winston Churchill
A classmate used this quote from Winston Churchill as he gave his testimony at our graduation from the Children’s Ministries Institute. He reminded us that while the “beginning” of ministry preparation at CMI might be over, we are really just getting started in the battle for children that will count for eternity.
As I thought about this, I realized that in many ways the beginning is at an end for me. Time I’ve spent in training, raising support and other requirements to begin ministry in Honduras is almost over. Soon I will begin internship which is no longer the beginning but essentially what I have worked so hard to get to. It excites me and makes me nervous at the same time. God has been so faithful each step of the way. Only in Him could I have reached the end of the beginning.
A classmate used this quote from Winston Churchill as he gave his testimony at our graduation from the Children’s Ministries Institute. He reminded us that while the “beginning” of ministry preparation at CMI might be over, we are really just getting started in the battle for children that will count for eternity.
As I thought about this, I realized that in many ways the beginning is at an end for me. Time I’ve spent in training, raising support and other requirements to begin ministry in Honduras is almost over. Soon I will begin internship which is no longer the beginning but essentially what I have worked so hard to get to. It excites me and makes me nervous at the same time. God has been so faithful each step of the way. Only in Him could I have reached the end of the beginning.

3 comments:
I like the quote. Exciting times for you! Love ya!:)
Awesome quote~
Thanks, I liked it as well.
Post a Comment