Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SPLICE family

Posted by Ashley Hoover

The SPLICE family. A few were sick so they're missing from the photo but most are here!

My SPLICE class had 43 adults and 23 kids (ages 2 months up to 12 years old) going to 22 different countries by 23 different mission agencies. I miss you all but can't wait to hear stories from your place of ministry!
I'm so blessed to have met each and every person at SPLICE. I was encouraged, challenged and refreshed by getting to know them, hearing their struggles, their successes, playing with their children, watching the married couples interact...everything we learned and went through together at SPLICE connected us in a way I didn't expect and saying goodbye was so hard. Here's just some photos of fun times outside of class.


Girl's Night Out. We went to a great Mexican restaurant. 
My growth group. Amazing ladies, love you all! (Hadassah is missing because she was sick)
Playing Monopoly Deal. Best game ever! :) (and highly addicting)
Watching Tangled at the same time. We watched it a few times actually. One of my favorite movies. :)
Walking around Manitou Springs. I thought there were some weird people in Washington D.C...for it's size, Manitou Springs sure gives D.C a run for it's money in that category! (No, it's not because we were there either ;))
Bet you didn't know I could ride grasshoppers. Yeah, it's a hidden talent of mine. :)
More Monopoly Deal! (notice the larger gathering we've collected)
Babysitting night. All of us singles watched the children so the married couples could have a couple hours to themselves. It was sooo much fun!
Really, no children were harmed in the process. :)
Some of the older children helped us out too. They were super!
Even big kids can't help but have some fun at Whit's End. We visited Focus on the Family's headquarters after Pike's Peak.
Babysitting of the 21st. Century. ;) (We were actually sharing all our photos and keeping an eye on the girls at the same time.)

The airplane in Whit's End was pretty cool.
This right here is "The Posse." We're missing Christina and Oriana but we all hit it off from the start and grew really close so we eventually became known as The Posse. We had a lot of fun together!
And even more Monopoly Deal! Maybe you noticed but we played this game a lot! It's popularity grew each day it seems and pretty much became the unofficial official game of SPLICE. :) This night we had three or four games going including almost everyone. Alyssa thinks she's going to win here but I don't think that's how it went down. ;)
Meal time! The food was pretty good!
Home for three weeks. I grew in so many ways and SPLICE changed my life not just by what was taught in class but also by the people I met.

"When you leave here I hope it hurts because then you know that you've loved and been loved."      -Robin Allen

Well Robin...that's what happened.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

It looks like I'm going to have to get you Monopoly Deal as a going away present before you take ours with you...AGAIN! ;)

Looks like a great group of people and lots of fun. :)

Alyssa said...

Aw..great post! Our SPLICE family is amazing! I miss the posse!

BTW I did win that game because that was the one where I stole two sets from Brandon one right after the other ;)

The Posse is the bestest! ;)

Is that what happened? Hmmm, you just might be right. 'course I'll never admit that to you. :P

Unknown said...

I love it that Monopoly Deal is growing in popularity and spreading way beyond CMI :)

Sure is Jennifer! We've introduced it to several friends the last month or so...and I think most if not all of them now own it also. ;)