Saturday, April 09, 2011

Missionary Training School

Posted by Ashley Hoover

Missionary Training School went well this past week. I enjoyed being around some great friends and it was encouraging to share together this experience of becoming overseas missionaries. Every week at CEF International Headquarters they raise flags from each region of the world and pray for those countries and workers. While we were there we each got to raise our country's flag and pray for it. This is the second time I've had the priviledge of getting to raise the flag of Honduras there and I love it!

 Kathy Howe the Headquarters prayer partner for Honduras and I getting ready to raise the flag.

 Up it goes!

 Praying for Honduras and CEF there.

 Tara is going to Madagascar.

 Chelsey to Burkina Faso.
(Bekah is that country's prayer partner who is a good friend of ours from various CEF things. She's now working at the Mailbox Club at Headquarters.)

 And Nadine is going to Taiwan.

 All of our flags flying in the International Plaza.

 The four of us.

No, they don't really agree that Honduras is the best country in the world but we can pretend they do. ;)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

What fun to see you all together! And I'm sure you enjoyed getting to raise the flag again.

Wow...hard to think that in just a few months you'll be leaving. Missing you already!

Love ya!

Liz Brown said...

Yay!! How cool!! I think Honduras has the prettiest flag. :)

And fun to see Tara with you, I'm sure you treasure it too.

I agree with you Liz that Honduras' flag is definetly the prettiest! :) It was a great time.

Ben said...

This was neat! I hadn't fully realized the extent of this mission until the other day when chatting with Lesley- she may be able to tell you that at that moment it really sunk in. I pray that, as the world and it's passions vanish, you will abide in life while doing the will of God. (I John 2:17)
Haha! I'd say your friends think Honduras ranks fourth as #1+1+1+1=#4Those subtle sneaks!

No....I'm pretty sure they are reluctantly agreeing that Honduras is #1. ;)
Thanks, I've learned a lot during this whole process and still have a lot to learn but God has been faithful.