Monday, September 06, 2010

Weekend Ministry

Posted by Ashley Hoover

This weekend was really busy with ministry. Friday night I helped with an event at the same church we did the Mission Possible program at. Between all the groups I think there were around 100 kids. A few of them were challenging and we had a few behavior problems but on the whole they were good.
Saturday morning I helped with the kids for another Chinese church while the adults were attending a conference. There were nine of them and they were a lot of fun to be around. We played outside and had a lesson, songs, a memory verse and other things. We talked about how they are special to God and nothing can seperate them from His love.
We had a few hours break time which I spent with the couple who I was working with. We went to an antique tractor show and we went geocashing at a couple nearby spots. I'd never done that before and it was a lot of fun.
Then Saturday evening we spent with the kids again. We finished the story and memory verse and had more fun with them.
Sunday I had them by myself and I was a little worried how it would go but they did really well. I think they were tired from the campfire they had after we left the night before. :) I told them the story of the Prodigal son. I enjoyed continuing to build relationships with them. They were a smart group. It was really interesting, many of the verses we would talk about in the lessons we'd start to say them and they would all start singing a song they had learned that was the verse put to music. I was amazed at how many they knew and loved to hear them sing the verses. One of the boys voluteered to pray before the lesson and he lead the children in a prayer in Chinese. It was so sweet to hear them praying in Chinese.

Thank you for your continued prayers. During busy times like this and we are tired and challenged it is encouraging to know people are praying for us and the children.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a neat weekend... Praying for you! :)

Lesley said...

Aww...wish I could've heard them pray in Chinese!

Thanks for the prayers! They make a difference.